Hi there gorgeous ladies!
I wanted to change things up a little today, so I’ve put together a personal post so that you can get to know me a little better.
I rarely get a chance to meet my customers in person and I did realise that there may be a few things that you don’t know about me. Although if you follow my Instagram account you would already have a few clues about this list.
I was waiting until I got some new profile photos but figure there is no better time than now so here are 20 things that you may not know about me! If you’re keen to catch up on the more personal side of my life be sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter, where I share more behind the scenes.
- I work with amazing women and stay at home mums, but I don’t have any children yet. I’m hoping to set myself up in my business to allow me to stay at home with my children one day, just like my clients!
- I am a DIYourselfer to the core! I recently converted an old pine dresser into a gorgeous white sideboard with crystal knobs that’s perfect for my office.
- I do pole dancing and dance conditioning classes most evenings for fitness.
- I used to be a size 24 in my early 20’s and I’m pretty proud of how far I’ve come!
- I don’t eat a lot of meat – flexitarian by choice, but I’m a sucker for a pub-style chicken schnitzel.
- My sister is my best friend in the whole world, and also my pro-bono business coach! (it’s definitely handy having a life coach in the family)
- My mum is one of my biggest inspirations and one of the main reasons that I started Morris Bear.
- The first date that I went on with Mr MBD was to see Shrek: Forever After at the cinema.
- I’ve just bought my first home with Mr MBD and we’ve managed to find a slice of heaven.
- We also have a menagerie of animals. If you’ve watched any of my videos you would have heard Melon our Alexandrine Parrot. We also have Fook the luckiest black cat and a heck of a lot of fish!
- I was a late bloomer and got my drivers licence at 27 – I’m finally off my P Plates!
- I’m just a little obsessed with Hazelnut Hot Chocolates and have hazelnut syrup at home to make my own!
- I’m also a little obsessed with completing Candy Crush – I’m sure that it’s brain training or something??
- I’m a big believer in the Law of Attraction. My fascination started after I read my mum’s copy of Louise Hay’s – You Can Heal Your Life.
- Morris Bear is not my first business. I started Princess Lulu with my sister when I was 18. We worked on children’s parties and special events – including work for AAPT and MTV Australia!
- I quite often have my own private dance party in the car, kitchen – anywhere really.
- I taught myself how to make websites and I have been making them since I was 13!
- Morris Bear is an actual bear. I received him as a Christmas present when I was 5 years old and we’ve been besties ever since. I rarely had a night without him and he’s still sitting on my bed today!
- I love the twists and turns in Revenge and Scandal and will quite often sit down for a marathon to check out all the latest twists and turns.
- I am a freelance gig photographer. In the last few years, I have taken photos of bands including Diesel, Chance Waters, Bliss n Eso, Vintage Trouble and more. I’d one day love to include my photography in my work somehow.
I’m currently working on a new series of #behindthescreens interview posts that will feature some amazing women in business who are happy to share their passion for business and how they started their own successful businesses. They’ll also be sharing their hints and tips to working from home and how to juggle family and work. Hopefully, as you get to know amazing female entrepreneurs and their stories it will inspire and encourage you to chase your own dreams and follow your passion.
Do you have an inspiring female that you look up to? Who is your favourite mum in business? We want to know! Simply leave a comment below and we’ll see what we can do!
About the Author
Hi, I'm Emma and it’s my mission in life to help others launch, grow and nurture their dreams. I’m the straight talking nerd that can take the vision for your business and complete the puzzle to getting your business online. When I'm not shooting photos or dancing you can find me playing with the latest gadgets and tools to make your business so much easier. I work with women all over the globe to create businesses that light them up and inspire others. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.