I am a little addicted to my iPhone and there are so many things (other than Candy Crush) that I can get done on my phone.
If I’m out and about and have a tech emergency in most cases I can fix it right then and there.
I have a heap of apps that I use on a daily basis that make my business and the 101 jobs that I have to do simple and easy. I can also finish some jobs on the couch which is a bonus. These apps aren’t just for website coding or development and can be useful to streamline any business.
I’m going to start with the obvious here:
1. Facebook pages – I can manage many accounts and check notifications and messages. I can also keep up with conversations in the comments which is super important. You can check out my Facebook page here.
2. Instagram – This one is my happy place. I use Instagram all the time and you’ll also see me posting behind the scenes and personal updates. Being a visual person I love that I can get a dose of creative inspiration on the go. I also love the new “based on” suggestions that share things that I might love. You can find me on Instagram here.
3. Twitter – I go back and forth on Twitter. Sometimes I love it, other times not so much. It is a fantastic resource for connection and trending topics and I have no doubt that I don’t use it to it’s full potential! You can follow me here.
4. Pinterest – Another visual platform and another that I don’t think I use to it’s full advantage but I love Pinterest. I not only collect blog post ideas, design inspiration but I also use it as my online vision board. I was amused last year when my office looked a lot like my Pinterest board.
There are a few apps that I use that also keep my ideas and workflow running on the move:
5. Gmail – Last year I switched all my emails over to Gmail and have not looked back. All my email accounts are now managed in the one place and I can archive important emails for later use. I can access all my emails from anywhere with an internet connection so I’ll never get stuck again.
6. WordPress – My website and many others that I build use WordPress because it’s so darn easy to use and update. It’s also super simple to manage my blog while I’m out and about. Now when I have an idea for a blog post I can open the app on my phone and it will update on my website in real time. A must have for any WordPress blogger.
7. Evernote – This is another that I go back and forth on. Evernote allows you to store images, notes, links and thoughts just like an online notebook. I use this quite often when I am putting together a list post or roundup for my blog. I can keep all the details together in one place and put it all together once I am on my computer.
8. Wordswag – I’m giving away secrets here! Wordswag creates fantastic looking quotes and inspirational images at the touch of a button. Use your own images and text or use one of the many available from the app. The opportunities are endless here. $3.49 well spent!
I’m a big believer that you never stop learning. While I love a great book – that’ll be another post! These are some of my favourite learning apps.
9. Kindle – My sister got me stuck on Kindle, you can download any book straight from Amazon to read on your phone or tablet straight away. I recently read an entire book (The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks) while I waited for my car to receive new tyres! My phone is definitely easier to pack in to my hand bag for reading on the go.
10. Podcasts – What’s even better is this app is already on your iPhone. There are so many podcasts available nowadays with some fascinating content. On my hit list recently are; Lady Business Radio with Jessica Kupferman, Hit the Mic with Stacey Harris and Off the Charts with Nathalie Lussier. I also love me a bit of Zig Zigglar. These are perfect when I go for my walks as my brain starts ticking over without distracting me. Times like these it’s also handy to use the voice recorder app to track your thoughts!
11. Udemy – Online Training that’s quick, affordable and really cool! You can learn so much on Udemy. I’ve done design classes, coding classes, hand lettering and even photography. Most of the classes are video and you can watch them step by step on your phone. You could even do a cooking class in the kitchen!
These are just a few of the apps that I use everyday for business. What are you favourites? Do you have a must have app that I need to check out? I’d love to hear all about it in the comments below.
If you know someone who could use some simplification or streamlining for their business I’d love for you to share this post with them.
Until next time,
About the Author
Hi, I'm Emma and it’s my mission in life to help others launch, grow and nurture their dreams. I’m the straight talking nerd that can take the vision for your business and complete the puzzle to getting your business online. When I'm not shooting photos or dancing you can find me playing with the latest gadgets and tools to make your business so much easier. I work with women all over the globe to create businesses that light them up and inspire others. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.